While identity theft and financial fraud can happen any time of the year, it seems that crooks take advantage of tax season more than any other time of the year. How savvy are you when it comes to tax-time scams? Take our quiz and find out.
Your email address:
1. True or False? The IRS uses scare tactics on the phone with taxpayers threatening lawsuits, deportation, or imprisonment if immediate action is not taken.
Question 1 of 5
2. True or False. The IRS sends emails about issues or refunds.
Question 2 of 5
3. Fraudulent tax preparers, known as 'ghost' prepares, defraud their victims (taxpayers) and the US Government (IRS) by:
Question 3 of 5
4. April 15th is probably the most well-known tax deadline among the general public. However, the IRS reminds taxpayers to be vigilant during which other big tax date?
Question 4 of 5
5. During times of stress, taxes might be the furthest thing from your mind. However, scammers contact disaster victims and claim to be working on behalf of the IRS. They ask for personal information under the pretext of filing a casualty loss claim. How can you protect yourself from fraudulent charity pleas?
Question 5 of 5
A division of CourseVector LLC